International Students


Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website

Home >How to Apply

Study Permit

If you want to study in Canada, you need to obtain a Study Permit.

The Calgary Board of Education will issue a letter of acceptance for this purpose upon receipt of the application form, application fee, all required documentation and full tuition.

When an international student arrives in Canada for the first time or renews their study permit, they must provide the school with a copy of the new, valid study permit.

To apply for an international student's initial study permit from outside of Canada, visit

Current students already studying in a Calgary school can get more current information about renewing their study permit by visiting  If you are planning to extend your study with us, please contact Global Learning Services.  Global Learning will need to collect tuition and health insurance fees before a letter of acceptance is issued.